WG4: OSI Management
Next: WG6: OSI Session
Up: Security work within
Previous: Security frameworks
WG4 is currently pursuing work in the following areas:
- Systems Management Security,
- Security Audit Trail, and
- Security for Directories.
In more detail, the standards pursued are:
- OSI Security Management:
- currently a Working Draft.
- Security Audit Trail Function:
- currently a CD, it is
developed as part of OSI Management.
- Security Alarm Reporting Function:
- has become an IS.
- Access Control for OSI Applications:
- currently a Committee
Draft. It addresses Access Control as it pertains to Management.
- Security Audit Trail Framework:
- currently a Committee Draft.
- Directory Access Control:
- a four part set of Amendments
to the OSI Directory standard with all parts presently Proposed
It should be noted that this Working Group has developed ISO 9594-8
(a joint ISO-CCITT standard), that provides an Authentication
framework for the Directory.
Fri Oct 7 16:17:21 EDT 1994